Fighting For The Best Interests Of Your Child

When You Need A Family Law Attorney Who is Your Advocate

I am and always will be a family law reform advocate. I understand that when it comes to parenting time and other factors in a Texas divorce, there are disparities that require remedy. I am a tireless fighter for the best interests of the children. If you are a noncustodial parent who is not being allowed to parent in a significant manner, I am the attorney who will take up your cause.

At Beveridge Law Firm PLLC, in Alvin, I offer special rates for clients who participate in my Family Law Reform Advocacy Program. You can email me to get the ball rolling or call 713-280-3326 so that we can talk.

My Unique Perspective On Texas Divorce

Divorce is hard on spouses and children and can be challenging for grandparents. No matter how hard we work to ensure that it is smooth and nondisruptive, there is just no way around the fact that divorce means a major change for everyone involved. Even when this change is for the better, it always brings about a sense of unbalance. However, there are ways to ensure that the children are not severely negatively impacted. As a divorced parent myself, I understand this process from both sides: as an attorney and as a father, and I want to be an integral part of my children’s lives. Every-other-weekend custody arrangements are most often NOT in the best interest of the children or of the parent who isn’t really allowed to parent. This is the reason I went to law school. I will never stop fighting to change the status quo because our children deserve better.

When Property Rules Are Unenforceable

Did you know that if your final order does not state where and when certain property is supposed to be delivered, the order may be unenforceable? There are many other pitfalls in a divorce decree that I can make sure you don’t fall into. Depending on who the attorneys are, a divorce can be quick and relatively noncontentious or very timely and very contentious. In the latter case, the only winners are the attorneys. It is my goal to get you through your divorce as quickly and affordably as possible.

When A Marriage Includes Children

Unfortunately, when children are involved, a divorce can be much more contentious and the stakes are much higher.

  • I take a holistic approach to divorces that takes into consideration ALL factors, and I utilize every angle to ensure you are not reduced to a visitor to your children when you come out of a divorce.
  • I offer unique services that are tailored to your specific case.
  • I encourage my clients to get involved in case preparation and work very closely to make sure I get every detail right. If you think you are likely to be a noncustodial parent coming out of a divorce, call me now.
  • A divorce decree governs the amount of time you will spend with your children and the amount of child support you will pay, until they are 18 years old. And unfortunately, Texas thinks it’s best for noncustodial parents to spend minimum time with their kids and pay maximum child support.

Set up a consultation now and see what you think about my unique approach to divorces.

What A Texas Separation Means

Separation is not a legal term in Texas. Separation typically refers to people who were never formally married, who are now splitting up.

Not Married? Your Property Will Likely Be Divided.

Even if you were not formally married, you may be married according to Texas’ common law marriage rules. If that is the case, you will need a formal divorce, which will split you and your spouse’s property.

Understand Your Rights As A Parent Of Children

Whether you were married or not, if you are no longer with your children’s other parent, or even if you are, child support and visitation arrangements may be put in place. These orders have serious consequences, and you need to make sure your rights to your children are protected. Call me now!

Orders Can Be Modified To Better Serve The Children

Are you a noncustodial parent who feels like you are having minimal time with your kids while paying maximum child support? Such an arrangement is typical in Texas. But those orders can be modified to better reflect what is in the best interest of the children.

  • Modifications can become complex matters of litigation if the other party is not willing to be reasonable. An attorney who has your best interest at heart can be the difference between overpaying thousands of dollars and getting nothing you want or paying a reasonable fee and reaching a satisfactory conclusion.
  • Most family law cases in Texas are modifications. A modification occurs anytime there is an order in place that needs to be modified. This can include modifying child support, possession times with the child and the enforcement of this, dental/medical support and absolutely anything concerning the children.
  • If you are unhappy with your current order or have been served with a request to change the current order, contact me for a consultation to see if you need representation. Keep in mind that when a modification is signed, anything that happened before (such as visitation denials, assaults…) cannot be brought up at a later time. This is the rule of “not going behind the order.”

Each new order represents a wall that cannot be looked behind when considering future modifications. This is important to remember because you can “lose” important issues that would otherwise help you in a future modification.

When CPS Is Involved

CPS can get involved in your family’s lives for many reasons. Sometimes CPS can be a lifesaver to kids; other times, CPS can be weaponized in family law disputes. When CPS is involved, you need an attorney because the end result can be a complete loss of parental rights. You definitely need representation when CPS is involved. CPS cases can range from moderate to severe. Severe being CPS is wanting to terminate your parental rights. These cases are difficult to appeal, and the window is small. So, it is important you get it right the first time. When CPS is involved, schedule a consultation with me to see what your options are.

Ready To Set Up A Consultation To Get Passionate Advocacy?

I know that you may be uncertain about the process and have questions that need answers as soon as possible. I offer a consultation so that you can better understand what you are facing, what your options are and how I can be of help. Call 713-280-3326 or send me an email with your contact information so that I can get in touch with you.